On Tuesday 4 October our website, Securities Interest Register and myRegistry will be down from 18:00 for routine maintenance. Service will resume as normal on Wednesday 5 October.
myRegistry - what local businesses need to do
myRegistry allows you to:
- register and submit changes for your business / company
- submit your annual confirmation statement (previously annual returns)
- register your nominated persons to submit documents to us (for example director, company secretary)
- purchase documents and extracts from the public register
- appoint at least one nominated person. This can be:
- a significant person of the entity (for example a company secretary or Director) who is ordinarily resident in Jersey
- a lawyer or accountant who is ordinarily resident in Jersey who and is carrying on business described in paragraph 1 or paragraph 2 of Part B of Schedule 2 to the Proceeds of Crime (Jersey) Law 1999
- a Jersey registered trust company business providing secretarial or registered office address services
- a Jersey registered funds services business
- make sure your nominated person has access to a smart phone and can download the Authy app
- make sure your nominated person can pay fees by credit or debit card as we will no longer accept cash or cheque
Steps to use myRegistry
These are the steps you need to follow to use myRegistry.
- Step 1: Download the 'Authy by Twilio' app to your smartphone. You don't need to add an account or use a QR code. Help with Authy
- Step 2: Register as a new user for myRegistry log in. You can register here.
- Step 3: Appoint and register your nominated person(s). We will send you an authorisation code via post to your registered office address.
- Step 4: Complete your nominated person registration. Use the authorisation code to verify your nominated person.
- Step 5: Complete a transition application form for your company. This will guide to you through the information that is required under the new law.
- Step 6: Complete the annual confirmation statement and pay the annual fee for 2021. You can complete this as part of the transition application.
Step 1 - Download the ‘Authy by Twilio’ app
There will be increased security to protect private data stored on our registers. You will be required to register for two-factor authentication to use myRegistry.
Download the ‘Authy by Twilio’ app on your mobile device to set up two-factor authentication. All users of myRegistry will need to do this.
You don't need to add an account or use a QR code.
Step 2 - Register for a myRegistry user account and log in
When logging in to myRegistry for the first time, you will need to register as a new user.
You will need the following information
- email address
- first and last name
- mobile telephone number - this must be the same number you use to set up your authy account.
myRegistry is designed and tested to operate on the latest versions of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Firefox. myRegistry does not support Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
Step 3 - Tell us who your nominated person is
To submit documents in myRegistry, every business, company, foundation and partnership must appoint a nominated person. More than one nominated person may be appointed.
The nominated person will have access to the entity's private and public information held by us. They will provide all information and documents to us on behalf of the entity.
For example, you could be the nominated person if you are a director or company secretary resident in Jersey and you already submit documents to us. If you are not eligible to be the nominated person, you must appoint someone who is.
To register as a nominated person
If you are the nominated person, you need to register. There are two ways to register as a nominated person:
1. Select ‘Register as nominated person' from the myRegistry home page
2. Select ‘Start new submission’ and select ‘Register nominated person'.
Search for the company / business for which you will act as the nominated person by using the company name or number. Check that the correct company / business is selected.
If you have appointed a lawyer or accountant to be your nominated person, they submit the 'register as nominated person' form.
Step 4 - Complete your registration
Once we have processed your nominated person submission, an authorisation code will sent via post to the registered office address.
If you are the nominated person, you must enter the authorisation code using the 'nominated person PIN verification' form in myRegistry.
If you have appointed a lawyer or accountant to be the nominated person, you must provide them with the authorisation code so that they can enter it in myRegistry.
You must be authorised as the nominated person before you can complete any further steps.
If you don’t have access to the registered office
If your business / company is no longer in control of the registered office address or cannot receive mail at this address we will require you to contact us or come into the office with proof that you have authorisation to act as the nominated person.
Step 5 - Complete the transition application
You, as the nominated person, must complete the transition application for each company before 30 September 2021. You can complete the annual confirmation statement and pay the fee for 2021 at the same time.
There is no fee for the transition application.
A company commits an offence if it does not provide the required information to us before 30 September 2021.
Start the transition application
From the home page select 'Submit your transition application'.
Select a company from your portfolio, or use search on the myRegistry home page. The transition application and annual confirmation statement is under ‘start new submission’ for that company.
Review company details
You must review the company’s details: name, type, number, registration date and registered office.
Review and update associated parties and share capital information
We will migrate your beneficial owner and controller information to the new system. You must review this information and update this information if it is out of date or inaccurate.
You may need to give us further information, if we do not have it, on the following associated parties:
Member (or shareholder) detail is required for companies. You are required to provide similar information as provided for in previous years’ annual returns. You must also provide share capital information.
Directors and company secretary (significant persons)
You need to give us the details of all your directors, alternate directors and assistant or deputy secretaries.
Add, edit or delete an associated party
You must review, update or add current details for all associated parties. You will need to indicate the roles or functions that any new associated party undertakes as well as the individual start date or date of knowledge.
You will need to provide certified ID and proof of address for any controllers, directors or company secretaries that you add to the table. If they already appear as beneficial owners then you do not need to provide it.
You can delete an associated party. This will remove the associated party completely and you will not be able to restore it.
Save as draft
You can save a draft at any time and return to complete the form at a later date. Draft forms are under 'Submissions'.
Submit your transition application
We will contact you via your myRegistry inbox to let you know that the form has been registered, or if it requires further action and the reasons for this. Your submitted form can be found under 'Submissions'.
Step 6 - Complete your annual confirmation
You can complete your annual confirmation statement and pay the fee during the transition application.
You will need to use two-factor authentication when you submit your annual confirmation.