Annual return / annual confirmation statement
Your new annual confirmation statement
Under the new law, which came into force on 6 January 2021, the annual return has been replaced by an annual confirmation statement.
This is a read-only confirmation made in myRegistry to confirm the information held on our register is accurate as at the date it is made. It is not made as at 1 January of that year.
You have until 30 September 2021 to complete your annual confirmation statement.
- myRegistry has replaced Easy Company Registry
- every company, foundation, limited liability partnership, incorporated limited partnership and separate limited partnership (entity) must provide us with information and confirm that the information we hold is accurate, on an annual basis
- the annual confirmation statement is a read-only submission in myRegistry requiring you to confirm that the information held on our register is accurate and up-to-date
- the annual confirmation is not made as at 1 January of the year of submission. The information must be accurate as at the date you submit it.
- you will need to appoint at least one nominated person, for example, a director or company secretary, to complete the transition application before submitting your annual confirmation
- you have until 30 September to submit your 2021 annual confirmation
- a fee of either £220 or £225 is applicable, unless you are a Jersey registered charity, in which case there is no fee
- limited partnerships are not required to submit an annual confirmation statement but must submit an annual fee
Required information under the new law
Under the Financial Services (Disclosure and Provision of Information) (Jersey) Law 2020, the required information that must be confirmed in the annual confirmation statement is in relation to the ‘associated parties’ of an entity.
Associated parties include:
- beneficial owners and controllers (this will not be made public)
- significant persons, for example, directors
Significant persons are the parties listed in the table and are defined under Article 1 of the new law:
|Entity type||Companies||Foundations||ILPs, SLPs||LLPs||LLCs|
|Significant persons for that entity type||Director
|Member of the council||General partner||Partner||Manager or members involved in management|
You must notify us of changes to the beneficial owner, controller or significant person information within 21 days of knowledge.
Share capital information
Companies must also ensure their share capital information is up-to-date before making the annual confirmation statement.
Information that will be public
The following information will be available on our public register:
- share information
- significant person information, except:
- if under 18
- or company secretary
- or hold shares in a share transfer property in which they hold shares. They will not appear as a director on the public register, their name as a member of the company will be visible to the public.
Due dates for annual confirmation statement and fees
2021 annual confirmation period
The deadline for your first annual confirmation statement is 30 September 2021. After this period, late fees will apply.
2022 annual confirmation period
From 2022 you will be required to submit an annual confirmation statement / annual fee every year between 1 January and the end of February.
Local resident companies and service providers with an ‘O’ class licence is £220.
Companies which are Jersey registered charities do not have to pay a fee to submit the annual confirmation statement.
All other regulated service providers is £225.
Annual fee for limited partnerships
Limited partnerships must continue to pay an annual fee.
To submit your annual fee you must:
- have registered for a myRegistry account
- be authorised as the nominated person to file the annual fee on behalf of the limited partnership
Late filing fees
If the annual return is delivered during
Total annual fee + late filing fee
Local resident / Class O holder £281
Local resident / Class O holder £341
Local resident / Class O holder £402
Filing your annual confirmation statement
To submit your annual confirmation statement you must:
- register for a myRegistry account
- be authorised as the nominated person of the entity
- complete and submit the transition application for the entity and complete your annual confirmation statement at the same time.
Entities dissolved or placed into winding up
Entities dissolved or placed into winding up before or during the annual confirmation period (6 January - 30 September, 2021), do not have to complete an annual confirmation statement in 2021.
Extra confirmations for limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
A limited liability partnership annual confirmation statement will have two additional statements and must confirm:
- whether the secretary has received any specified solvency statement made on or after 1 March of the previous year
- whether the LLP has provided to the secretary accounting records or any return under Article 11 of the LLP Law and, if so, whether the LLP has indicated that it has provided all records it is required to provide under that Article.
Any specified solvency statement should be provided via general correspondence in myRegistry, at the same time as submitting the annual confirmation statement.
Special purpose vehicle COBO consents
If your company is a special purpose vehicle with an Article 4 COBO consent, you are still required to provide us with confirmation that the directors have taken reasonable steps to confirm to the best of their knowledge that no breaches have occurred.
You should provide this via the 'form uploader' myRegistry, using the 'other registry correspondence' drop down. There will not be an upload function on the annual confirmation statement.