Enhancements to myRegistry, and launch of a new Limited Liability Company Register
As a part of our commitment to continuous improvement and harnessing technology, we have made some enhancements to myRegistry. These include:
- introduction of a Limited Liability Company Register
- launch of a dual Application Programming Interface (API)
- a new function called myParties, which will allow high volume users to create a library of regularly used associated parties.
New Limited Liability Company Register
On 1 September 2022 the Limited Liability Companies (Jersey) Law 2018 (LLC Law) comes into force and three sets of Regulations are also brought in:
- Limited Liability Companies (General Provisions) (Jersey) Regulations 2022
- Limited Liability Companies (Winding Up and Dissolution) (Jersey) Regulations 2022
- Limited Liability Companies (Consequential Amendments) (Jersey) Regulations 2022.
Users will now have the ability to register a limited liability company via myRegistry and file other updates via myRegistry.
Learn more about limited liability companies.
Implementation of dual API
In line with the introduction of new LLC functionality on myRegistry, we have prepared a new Application Programming Interface (API) release.
To allow existing users greater flexibility in the scheduling of updates to existing APIs, to adopt the new LLC functionality, we have introduced a dual API. This will allow users to continue to use the old API version whilst they complete development and testing of an updated API.
To find out more about the efficiency benefits that can be achieved in adopting the Registry API email RegistryAPI@jerseyfsc.org.
The launch of the new myParties feature provides a number of benefits, these include:
- allowing users to create a library of regularly used associated parties
- reducing the time taken for a customer to complete myRegistry submission – incorporations/registrations, annual confirmations and update associated parties
- improving the quality of data entered into myRegistry.