Terrorist financing and non-profit organisations
We’re hosting a webinar for non-profit organisations (NPOs) to assist them with understanding the NPO references in the recently published Government of Jersey’s Terrorist Financing National Risk Assessment.
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 11 August at 14:00. The session will be hosted by Caroline Morgan, our International and Industry Engagement Coordinator, who will be joined by individuals from other Island agencies who regularly engage with NPOs such as, Richard Jouault from the Office of the Charity Commissioner and Simon Boas from Jersey Overseas Aid.
The webinar will:
- explain the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) international standards and what they mean for Jersey and the NPO sector
- explain what is meant by terrorist financing
- highlight the risks identified internationally with NPOs being used to facilitate terrorist financing
- highlight some of the indicators to look for when raising or disbursing funds
- explain the role of the Jersey Financial Services Commission, Charity Commissioner, Jersey Overseas Aid and the States of Jersey Police in relation to NPOs
If you head up an NPO in the Island, or are a trust company business providing services to an NPO, you should attend this webinar to understand what your requirements and responsibilities are in relation to the island’s fight against financial crime and terrorist financing.
Register to attend