"Fraud has no borders" to be focus of global webinar hosted by JFSC
On Thursday 7 October at 13:00 we will host a global webinar looking at how fraud and scams are impacting jurisdictions across the world.
The webinar is part of our activities for this year’s World Investor Week, a global initiative organised by the International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) to raise awareness about investor education and protection.
Streamed live, this one-hour session will bring together a number of expert panellists from America, South Africa and Jersey to look at how fraud and scams are impacting these jurisdictions. They will discuss the international reach of fraudsters and their criminal conduct in an increasingly digitalised world, as well as the psychological impact these crimes have on victims.
Diane Maxwell, the JFSC’s Executive Director of Policy and Risk who will host the webinar commented:
“Financial fraud is increasingly sophisticated and widespread, targeting all demographics and impacting people of all ages. For victims who may lose their life savings and family home, the impact can be devastating. We are hoping webinars like these will better equip people to recognise fraud and act.”
Our webinar panelists are:
- Martin Moloney - IOSCO Secretary General and former JFSC Director General
- Diane Maxwell - JFSC Executive Director of Policy and Risk
- Chief Inspector Chris Beechey - the States of Jersey Police
- Elliot Modisa - South Africa Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA)
- Dan Rutherford - the United States of America Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC)
- Christine Kieffer - the United States of America Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
Find out more about our speakers and register to attend.
If you were unable to make the webinar you can catch up here: