Apply for a limited partnership continuance
Easy Company Registry
You will need to create an account with us in order to set up a limited partnership continuance or submit any forms. Create an Easy Company Registry account.
Any applications made via Easy Company Registry require an electronic signature, except name reservation. Once you have created an account with us, you can create an electronic signature.
We understand that in this current period it may be difficult to obtain written signatures on applications made to the Registrar.
If it is not possible for you to obtain written signatures, we will accept documents that either contain a digital / scanned signature(s) or an email confirming that a person agrees to the signing of a document.
This confirmation, together with the relevant application, will be filed with the JFSC and / or Registrar of Companies, and may be relied upon as evidence as to the validity of the application if so challenged in the future.
Fees and methods of payment
When submitting via Easy Company Registry the fee will be automatically applied. Payment must be completed by credit or debit card when checking out the submission.
Any form that cannot be filed through Easy Company Registry, should be emailed to Registry. Should the filing of the form require a fee, we will contact you with a BACs reference number to complete payment.
Reserve a name for a limited partnership
Apply for a limited partnership name via Easy Company Registry.
Approved name applications will be reserved and held on the register for six months.
For information on the suitability of a name, you can read our guidance here:
Apply to register the continuation of an eligible foreign limited partnership
Once your reserved named has been approved, you need to complete an application of continuance of an eligible foreign limited partnership form (LP3C) and a registration of a partnership form (P2) and file them via Easy Company Registry.
A limited partnership must have at least one general partner, whose liability is unlimited, and at least one limited partner, who is liable up to the amount they have contributed. General partners actively manage the limited partnership, whilst limited partners act as passive investors. Partners may be a company or an individual
To register a Jersey limited partnership you must be a JFSC regulated trust company business
New service limitations
To enable us to provide this new limited partnership continuance service to you quickly we haven't been able to make changes to Easy Company Registry that reflect the process. Instead you will need to select options that seem unrelated to the process. Follow the steps below to help you apply for a continuance.
Limited partnership continuation guidance
For detailed guidance in relation to the new regulation read the Limited partnership continuance guidance
How to submit an application for continuance
- Log in to Easy Company Registry.
- Select 'File a Form' from the 'My E-Filing' dropdown menu.
- Select 'Forms for Registration/Incorporation'.
- Select P75 – Partnership Registration.
Fees and service level
The cost of registering for limited partnership continuance is £605. You must select the 2 hour option from the Service Level drop down menu for the correct fee to be applied when submitting a continuance of an eligible foreign limited partnership.
The service level for a continuance of a limited partnership is 5 days minimum and not 2 hours as selected.
- Upload the Registration of a partnership form
- Upload the Limited Partnership Continuance application form (LP3C) together with the following supplementary documents:
- a certified copy of the eligible foreign limited partnership’s certificate of formation (or another document that evidences its formation)
- a declaration naming and signed by the general partner stating that –
- the limited partnership is solvent
- the limited partnership has applied to the JFSC for its consent to the creation of interests under the limited partnership in accordance with Article 10 of the Control of Borrowing (Jersey) Order 1958 [COBO P2 FORM]
- the limited partnership has applied to the registrar for registration as a limited partnership under the Limited Partnerships Law
- the limited partnership is not to have legal personality on its continuance within Jersey
- any other documents or information as we may require in respect of the application
- any published application fee
Submit documents using your electronic signature
Once you have completed all the required information, you will submit your documents and any uploaded documents. You will need to use your electronic signature.
You will need your passcode and PIN code. You should have received an email from us with your PIN code.
- Select Trust Company Business from the signature type dropdown menu.
Validation is carried out to see whether your submission contains any errors and to provide the opportunity for correction. This option will need to be selected to progress with your submission.
- Correct any fields or information.
- Select 'Continue' to add your document to the filing cart.
All submissions are added to the filing cart. You can file more than one document at a time.
- Select 'File New Form' to submit more forms.
- Select 'Check Out' to submit all of your filing(s).
A cost is applicable to certain filings.
- When a payment is due, you will need to fill in your billing information and your credit card details.
- Select 'Check Out'
- Fill in your credit or debit card details and select 'Pay Now'.
- You will receive the following confirmation which includes a unique Cart ID number. This is your reference number for your filing. If your submission includes a filing fee a receipt will be emailed to you.
If you want to edit a saved or submitted document you can select it from your workspace. Open 'as a copy' by selecting the copy icon.
Your most recently submitted document will show first. These will show your submission ID, Cart ID and status of your filings.