PRESS RELEASE 19 June 2006
Jersey Financial Services Commission to hold International Strategic Seminar
The Jersey Financial Services Commission has announced that it will be holding an International Strategic Seminar, entitled ‘Evolving International Standards and their Impact on Jersey’ to be held on Thursday 6 July 2006 at the Hotel de France.
A panel of specially selected international speakers will address issues vital to the future growth and development of the Island and its position as a leading international finance centre.
The matters being addressed are particularly pertinent to the forthcoming IMF assessment of the Island's regulatory regime and measures to prevent and forestall money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
The session will be of particular interest to strategic decision makers, senior executives and legal and regulatory risk professionals.
The event will also include a formal luncheon, during which David Carse, OBE, Director General of the Commission, will deliver his last major public speech to the industry before his retirement in the Autumn.
Topics to be covered include:
- Evolving International Standards and their Impact on Jersey;
- Developing International Regulatory Standards;
- Developing European Standards;
- Anti Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism; and
- International Co-operation and Exchange of Information.
The Expert Panel who will deliver and debate the issues are:
- R. Barry Johnston, Assistant Director Monetary & Financial Systems Department – IMF;
- Charles Freeland, (Basel Committee on Banking Supervision) – Bank for International Settlements,
- Christopher Caillot, Direction des Enquêtes et de la Surveillance des Marchés – IOSCO;
- Colin Powell, CBE, Chairman, Jersey Financial Services Commission;
- David Carse, OBE, Director General, Jersey Financial Services Commission;
- Gerben Everts, Financial Services Policy – European Commission; and
- Phil Robinson, Director & Sector Leader Financial Crime – FSA.
The programme offers a full day of intellectual debate, incorporating international perspectives and updates from the Commission. Delegates wishing to register are asked to telephone: 01534 629800, or download a Programme and Application Form from the Jersey Financial Services Commission’s website at (www.jerseyfsc.org).
- Ends -
Click here to view:
Strategic seminar ‘Evolving International Standards
and their Impact on Jersey’ - 06 July 2006