The Commission’s key purpose is:
To maintain Jersey’s position as an international finance centre with high regulatory standards by:
- reducing risk to the public of financial loss due to dishonesty, incompetence, malpractice or the financial unsoundness of financial service providers;
- protecting and enhancing the reputation and integrity of Jersey in commercial and financial matters;
- safeguarding the best economic interests of Jersey; and
- countering financial crime both in Jersey and elsewhere.
In support of our key purpose, the Commission aims to:
- ensure that all entities that are authorised meet fit and proper criteria;
- ensure that all regulated entities are operating within accepted standards of good regulatory practice;
- match international standards in respect of banking, securities, trust company business and insurance regulation, and anti-money laundering and terrorist financing defences;
- identify and deter abuses and breaches of regulatory standards; and
- ensure the Commission operates effectively and efficiently and is properly accountable to the Chief Minister.