Jersey Financial Services Commission Logo


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: If I am not sure if an insurance business-related activity needs authorisation from the Commission can I ask you for advice?

Certain forms of insurance business are regulated under the provisions of the Insurance Business (Jersey) Law 1996. Commission staff will be happy to provide general explanations of what activities that law covers. However, Commission staff cannot provide legal advice in respect of specific circumstances and if you are in any doubt as to the position you should seek advice from a lawyer qualified in Jersey law.

Q: How can I find out if an insurance business is regulated by you?

The Commission’s website lists all regulated insurance businesses. On the home page, click on the “Regulated Entities” box or click here to go direct to the relevant page.

Q: What can I do if I have a complaint against an insurance business?

The Commission has issued a guidance note on consumer complaints, which can viewed by clicking here.




< Back to contents