Public Statement - Capital Finance (UK) Limited
This statement is made in order to warn investors and others against dealing with unauthorised financial services providers.
Capital Finance (UK) Limited and
Capital Finance Limited (together “Capital Finance”)
www.capita-finance.org (the “Website”)
The Commission believes that Capital Finance, through the use of the Website, is carrying on or holding out that it is carrying on banking and financial service business in Jersey when it is not authorised to do so pursuant to the provisions of the Laws stated below.
The Commission has issued this public statement under Article 25(2) of the Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, as amended (the “Financial Services Law”) and Article 48(2) of the Banking Business (Jersey) Law 1991, as amended (the “Banking Business Law”)
The Commission wishes it to be known that:
1. Capital Finance has never been registered, or applied for registration, under the Financial Services Law. Therefore, any financial service business, as defined in Article 2 of the Financial Services Law carried out since 1 July 1999, is a breach of Article 7 of the Financial Services Law.
2. Capital Finance has never been registered, or applied for registration, under the Banking Business Law. Therefore, any deposit-taking business, as defined in Article 3 of the Banking Business Law and carried out since 1 October 1991, is a breach of Article 8 of the Banking Business Law.
3. From the documentation held by the Commission it would appear that Capital Finance and the Website display all the warning signs of being set up for a fraudulent purpose
4. Neither Capital Finance nor the Website are associated with the Capita Fiduciary Group of companies in Jersey and Guernsey nor any of the divisions of the Capita Group Plc in the UK.
5. Companies within the Capita Fiduciary Group are authorised by the Commission to carry on trust company business within the meaning of the Financial Services Law and to act as functionaries within the meaning of the Collective Investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1988.
All regulated businesses in Jersey are listed on the Commission’s website at www.jerseyfsc.org.
Any person who has had dealings with Capital Finance is requested to contact the Commission.
Deputy Director General
Jersey Financial Services Commission
2 March 2007